Saturday, August 7, 2010

Top Life Moments

Day two in the blogging world!  What should I write about?

I was talking to my Friend the othernight I mentioned I was thinking about my life eventhough at times I may find it dificult there are moments I treaure that I would not swap for the world. I've decided to talk about them here, so they will last in my memory forever.  I may add to these moments but these are some of my Faviourite ones I will start with a couple on my second post, and continue the list tomorrow not in any particular order they are all  special to me and I remember as if they all were yesturday!
1.First Overseas Holiday

Wow! I still remember planning this holiday.  I finally talked dad into letting me take Mum back to Scotland.  First step or I'd like to say Dads only condition that mum could go was that she become an Australian Citizen!  After 35 odd years in Australia and I at 23 was more Australian than her....how Silly!  at a particular point you'd think she would be Autonatically a Citizen.  Mum invented a new word she was a Scozzie!  Australian /Scottish

Well I must of Been Jellous, so I decided to become I dual citizen too  so I now was a Scozzie!
We spent time in Scotland with Mum's Sisters and their families.  I loved hearing all the stories about family history.  Seeing where Mum went to school, various houses they lived.  I truely loved this holiday not only did I understand My Mum more, but I really loved sharing my first O/S holiday with her.  This holiday as a whole is on of my Top 5 moments!  Every Moment, seeing Edinburgh for the first time, finally living the dream of seeing Big Ben and lastly meeting all my cousins!  Now with the aid of Facebook, makes it easier to catch up with everyone!

One moment I loved, was being in London, and hearing Big Ben Chime!  I thought WOW  I'm actually here in London!  A Dream come true.  I Loved the whole expericence  even all the plane Travel...Question is Did I catch the travel Bug?


 2.  New Zealand


Well exactly 12 months after I arived back in Melbourne from Glasgow, I had the holiday of a life time on the North Island of New Zealand!

I went with My dear friend Lisa, Matt and Hilton, I didnt know Matt and Hilton that well but after two weeks spending 14 hours a day traveling the whole of the Island I soon realised I had two big brother like figures as friends!  Why was this holiday a life chaning moment?  What made it so memorable?  I done things I thought I would never do. Quad biking down MASSIVE sandunes,sand tabogining, a Flying fox ride down  Gravity Canyon!  (got all the way up the top of the mountain and remembered I'm a wee bit scared of hights) but out of all these wonderfull moments the one I really treasure Is whitewater rafting!  (I done the one thing my Mum asked me not to.)  My goodness I was surviving on Pure Adrenilin for days after my experience!  half was through our rafting experiecne Lisa, Matt and Hilton decided to jump in and float down the stream...the location was amazing surrunded by Volcanic Rocks and the water was crystal clear!  I decided to jump out the other side of the raft, as everyonelse  was enjoying themselves  why not me?    The answer should of beem, you can't Swim! but I had a life jacket Right? No, the life jacket wasnt on correctly!  so I was bobbing up and down, drowning you could say but thankfully I had grabed on the rope on the wraft and that kept me afloat.  what makes this story so funny is, our Guid saw I was struggling and asked if I wanted a hand to get into the wraft?  So he pulled me back in, and I landed straight on top of him, now I had so many layers on me, wet suit, splash jacket, jumper, and a life Jacket (not that it done the job) so when I landed on top of him, he was dry, so we were kinda stuck, he said "I dont know how you Girls in Australia get men, but this inst the way to do it. lol!  finally we seperated and he asked Why I got back into the wraft, I said I can't swim, "why did you you jump in Then?" he was then a little concerned because aparently we had not come to the worse rapids yet.  They had names like the knee cracker, and the bone killer! loveley, but I made it out alive to tell the story and I love the fact I tell this story and I have everyone in stiches.

Anyway I Shal continue my best life moments another day.  I 'm off to get ready for me Dinner party.....!  Yay I love dinner parties.


Megs                                                

1 comment:

  1. Great moments to treasure meg, enjoy your dinner party tonight!

    ReplyDelete